Crosschange Youth Network invites you; young leader, activist, social entrepreneur or professional who aspires to bring about unprecedented change in the history of the Kenyan youth to join The Friends of Crosschange by supporting our activities that seeks to empower youth to catalyse positive social change by providing them with skills, contacts, opportunities and a community of like-minded people pursuing the same goals.
If you have training manuals that think can improve our work or electronics that you do not use any more because you have updated to a newer model, here ideas on how you could become part of this historic change;
- Videos, training manuals, other tools: In order to best equip our Trainers, any of these resources would be great, especially if they are about youth activism, social entrepreneurship, gender-equality, climate change, leadership, or related materials on local/global issues.
- Software Programs: Such as MS Project, Photoshop or MS Office. If you are no longer using any of these, they are greatly needed in our work.
- Laptops (and cases): If you have old, unused laptops, our Trainers could use them in their workshops, or volunteers in the office could use them to work more efficiently.
- Digital Cameras: We would like one per field officer to document their journey with the youth in the hard places within the slums of Nairobi and bring awareness to their cause.
- Projectors: We eventually hope to have one for each field officer, to enhance their teaching capabilities.
- Printer cartridges: HP 53 A, LJ 2015 P.
- Video Cameras.
- Phones: to increase communication efficiency in the office and beyond.
If you don’t have any of the above items, monetary donations are welcome as well. You don’t have to worry about your money falling into the wrong hands or being used in the wrong causes since we have traceable ways in which you can invest in any of the Crosschange Youth Network activities.
Here are some ways in which you can help;
Sponsor a trainer: For Ksh. 2000 you can support a field officer for one week to help them cater for their needs as they continue inspire and transform young people in to active change-makers
Other ways you can donate monetarily are
- Ksh. 500 – Pay communication and travel costs for all Volunteer Field Officers for one month.
- Ksh. 1,000 – Contribute towards the expenses involved in running a workshop, creating awareness and inspiring the youth to act on specific local issues in their communities.
- Ksh. 5,000 – You can partially sponsor a one-day workshop within Nairobi.
- Ksh. 10,000 – This can help fund a one day youth for empowerment forum.
We wish you well as you contemplate ways in which you can get involved, Thank You!